Business Segment: Digital Information Technology & Digital Thread
Location(s): India ; Bangalore
About Us: GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Role Summary: Kronos Systems Administration Engineer will server as a technical expert responsible for the administration of the windows servers infrastructure. This role will also require the candidate to have a good knowledge of windows scripting, product infrastructure management, infrastructure monitoring and infrastructure operations.
Essential Responsibilities: * Effectively engage with global teams and experts to manage and administer the Kronos windows servers infrastructure.
* Serve as technical expert responsible for the windows scripting, product infrastructure management, infrastructure monitoring and infrastructure operatoins
* Be responsible for coding, testing, documentation and implementation for the batch scripting required for Kronos environment
* Be responsible for producing technical documentation in support of software solutions developed
* Diagnose/Solve various problems in production/test/development environment in a fast-paced environment
* Perform other duties as assigned by management
Qualifications/Requirements: 1) Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology (IT), Computer Science or Engineering
2) Minimum 4 years of experience with Windows Server Administration
3) Minimum 2 years of experience with owning windows Infrastruture
4) Minimum 2 years of experience in coordination with enterprise infrastructure teams
5) Minimum 1 - 2 years of experience with Windows scripting, batch processing administration and other server related development
6) Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
7) Exposure working with Global clients, coordinate with different groups in case of dependency failures.
Desired Characteristics: 1) Experience with Autosys Administration and Schedulings
2) Experience working in an agile software development environment
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.