Staff Software Engineer
- GE Healthcare
- Posted 1/24/2017 4:10:26 PM
- Job Function: Digital Technology
- Business Segment: Healthcare Digital
Location(s): India; Bangalore
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Staff Software Engineer serves as technical expert responsible for architecture and design of applications and programs for Value Based Care, Healthcare Digital, GE Healthcare. The Value Based care team is a global development organization with personnel located in Seattle, Burlington, Boston and Bangalore
• Lead the architecture and design of client applications for Value Based Care product suite
• Provides guidance & coaching for C and AIX competency to the engineers on scrum teams.
• Is directly involved with and is responsible for: recommending, planning and leading the technical direction for applications
• Evaluates and recommends technologies, tools and processes
• Monitors and promotes the use of industry standards
• Performs technical research, and participates in or leads technical reviews
• Define roadmap and lead initiatives to modernize legacy client applications
• Authors and reviews Product Design Documents and/or technical specifications & participates in design reviews
• Foster collaboration with other engineering team & aligns technical direction with other VBC initiatives
• Participate in direction setting for the product and organization.
• Ensure scrum teams’ adherence to quality and compliance.
• Drive a collaborative, open, boundary less culture across the broader technology community including other Architecture groups, peer engineering & service teams
• Develops/codes new modules, features, and enhancements, as well as perform and document unit tests
• Excellent hands on experience in developing application and web applications using C, C++ and various versions of web technologies
• At least 8+ years of experience in C and C++ and 2+ years of experience in web technologies as an Staff Software Engineer with 10+ years of experience in the software industry.
• Expert level and hands-on skills in C, C++, python, Perl, shell scripts, network programing, multi-threading, unit testing,.
• Excellent knowledge of design patterns (MUST). Should be able to work out the appropriate design patterns given a business requirement.
• Good understanding of caching, reflection, threading etc.
• Strong in Object oriented analysis and design
• Thorough understanding of software scale-ability and performance. Experience in performance testing and optimization is preferred
• Experience in development and debugger/analysis tools such as on AIX and Windows platforms
• Experience with agile software development methodology
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to interface and influence at all levels in the organization
• Excellent interpersonal, presentation and facilitation skills
• At least a bachelor degree in Engineering / Technology
• Experience in the Healthcare Industry
• Experience with HL7 V2, HL7 V3 and FHIR
• Experience with standards based interoperability
• Knowledge of reporting and analytics tools, SSAS and SSIS
• Knowledge of user centric design, wireframes, prototypes, style guides, user flows etc.
• Experience to build and deploy applications for the Cloud - PAAS, IAAS; understand how to configure cloud-based applications (hardware/software configuration; performance benchmarking etc.)
• Experience in performance modeling and capacity planning
Locations: India; Bangalore