GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
Coordinate and expedite the flow of materials (from suppliers and also within departments) according to production schedules. Plan and schedule material/production needs. The position requires a good understanding of concepts, methods and procedures (technical Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent)
• Manage master planning, material processes and systems, prepare and update production schedules and purchasing needs. Qualifications/Requirements:
• Ensure operational alignment with production plan and KPIs.
• Optimize inventory and process improvements.
• Executes routine analyses using vested methods and technologies and/or contributes to technological developments in teams under supervision.
• Works together with people from the business unit.
• Contacts are under guidance and/or geared towards collecting or giving technical information.
• Works within a team setting and / or under guidance.
• Alternatively: executing routine but complex analysis.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with experience in Manufacturing) or equivalent knowledge and experience.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/61212/hmg-personnel-security-controls.pdf Desired Characteristics:
• Strong oral and written communication skills. Locations:
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Strong problem solving skills.
United Kingdom; Hamble-le-Rice