In this role the Legal Counsel will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage issues within areas of expertise.
• Serve as a member of legal team that provides counsel primarily for GE Power business on a variety of substantive legal issues.
• Involved in commercial negotiation and process, including analysis and support for commercial transactions, including structuring, drafting, reviewing, and negotiating international and domestic sales contract with customers, and EPC, including all of the appropriate contract documentation, ancillary agreements and guarantees, and consortium agreements.
• Identification of issues and provision of advice and counsel regarding antitrust/competition law, FCPA, privacy, environmental, regulatory and other compliance considerations as they may impact commercial activity.
• Development and delivery of training on legal, contract, process and compliance matters for commercial and other business and legal personnel.
• Keeping abreast of industry policies and regulations that impact commercial activities in the energy industry.
• Working with the Compliance team to champion Compliance in the region, including advice, training, investigations and process improvements.
• Supporting Contract Management team on key claims and disputes settlement.
• Corporate work for legal entities, including board resolution preparation and board meeting attendance and consulting.
• Providing boundaryless support to general counsel or senior counsel in legal team when asked for.