Business Segment: Digital Information Technology & Digital Thread
Location(s): France ; Puteaux
About Us: GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Role Summary: Provide Operational Support GE’s Global Voice Service, including both the new, modern cloud voice with Skype for Business and legacy voice platforms as part of a global team operating 24x7x365, worldwide.
Essential Responsibilities: - Technical SME for voice technologies
- Provide operational support for GE’s Global Voice Service, including modern cluod voice (Skype Voice, Cloud Voice services) and legacy voice platforms (Avaya, Cisco, Alcatel and standalone platforms), worldwide.
- Provide operational support of the Cisco CUCM architectures and Avaya Communication Manager, System Manager and Session Manager product suites.
- Continuously improve operational support quality (uptime, availability, MTTR) as well as user experience and satisfaction.
- Document voice services and keep existing documentation up to date and accessible by authorized personnel across the Digital Workplace Organization
- Work closely with the Skype and voice deployment and build teams to execute smooth transition of services under deployment to operational support and management
- Measure operational support processes for GE’s global voice infrastructure; ensure 100% compliance with local legislations.
- Manage high severity outages through standard GE ITIL processes until resolution.
Qualifications/Requirements: - BS/BA in Computer Science, Telecommunications, or related field or equivalent
- Interest in current and emerging technologies demonstrated through training, job experience and/or industry activities.
- Expertise in voice and VoIP architecture and support
- Experience with working as part of a remote, distributed team
- Experience with working with suppliers
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of PBX, Key System and PSTN fundamentals
- Configuration of Cisco CUCM, CME, IP phones, Voice Gateways, Cisco Unity Voicemail, SRST and SIP technologies
- Configuring and troubleshooting PBX elements such as hunt groups, media and DSP resources, ISDN PRI interfaces, VoIP & POTS dial-peers, Route patterns, Route lists, Hunt Lists, Device Pool, Region, Location - Understanding and ability to guide users through features such as Phone Button Template, Soft key Templates, Speed dial, Call forwarding, SNR.
- Understanding of MGCP, H323, SIP and SCCP protocols to either configure or fault find a customer issue
- Managing dial plans using various tools like translation pattern, route pattern, calling/called transformation mask, FAC, route list, route group.
- Understanding of key voice monitoring solutions and the benefits they bring to providing the service.
- Understanding of Microsoft Skype for Business architecture and Client usage.
- High level of energy and enthusiasm with the ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous tasks, client relationships and expectations
- Demonstrated customer service skills, ability to manage technical issues in complex, difficult or stressful situations
- Strong interpersonal skills; solid organization and follow though skills
- Location at a key GE Digital site
- Strong team player – collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources; has experience working with others on a global basis; applies knowledge to coach and mentor others
Desired Characteristics: - Strong background knowledge in voice and VoIP solutions (Cisco, Avaya, Microsoft), design, build and management
- Ability to work with a distributed and global workforce
- Strong analytical and strong problem solving skills - communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information/data to make decisions; anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve; creates actionable strategies and operational plans
- Change oriented – actively generates process improvements ; champions and drives change initiatives; confronts difficult circumstances in creative ways, balances multiple and competing priorities and executes accordingly
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.