Business Segment: Digital Predix Products & Technology
Location(s): Canada; British Columbia; Burnaby
About Us: GE is the world's Digital Industrial company, operating in 160 countries and employing more than 300,000 people worldwide, enabling solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance to build, power, move and cure the world.
At GE Digital, we are creating technology and solutions to enable social, mobile, analytical and cloud capabilities for the Industrial Internet. Called Predix, GE’s software platform for the Industrial Internet enables asset and operations optimization by providing a standard way to run industrial-scale analytics and connect machines, data, and people. Deployed on machines, on-premise, or in the cloud, Predix combines an industry-leading stack of technologies for distributed computing and big data analytics, asset management, machine-to-machine communication, and mobility.
Bit Stew Systems, from GE Digital, enhances these technologies with leading data intelligence capabilities to strengthen the Predix platform and industrial applications such as Asset Performance Management (APM). Join an agile and innovative team that’s leading the way in digital industrial transformation.
Role Summary: You are responsible for test creation, testing a large module or a large component and designing a feature, set of features, or whole feature area. You will work independently and contribute to the immediate team and to other teams across business. You will lead software quality engineering discussions in a limited manner and mentors other junior quality engineers.
Essential Responsibilities: In this role, you will: • Own large sized tasks or small projects and delivers QE artifacts. Manages deliverables and mentors junior team members. • Contribute in driving initiatives such as defining coding standards and processes to ensure quality code is produced. • Appropriately reuse existing code wherever possible; drives same behaviors across team while coaching other developers to improve their code quality. • Develop and enhance the test infrastructure and continuous integration framework used across teams at the COE. • Determine testing best practices and principals and promotes them across the organization. • Be an expert in developing and executing maintainable automation tests for acceptance, functional, and regression test cases. • Be skilled at developing code for other developers to learn from. • Be skilled in integrating project testing with continuous-integration process. • Work with fellow team members to diagnose bugs and formulate solutions. • Provide functional and technical expertise in bug fixes. • Act as an expert in the quality engineering, manages test plans and testing methodology for software projects. • Use test automation techniques (data driven, pairwise, mocking, test hooks) that fit the problem space. Understands designing and coding for testability to produce quality code with the lowest cost.
Qualifications/Requirements: • Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) • A minimum of 8 years of professional experience OR Master’s degree with 6 years of experience OR PhD with 3 years of experience
• Legal authorization to work in Canada is required. GE may agree to sponsor an individual for an employment visa now or in the future if there is a shortage of individuals with particular skills. • Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation • Must be willing to work out of an office located in Burnaby, BC
Desired Characteristics: Technical Acumen:
• Experience with web-based application testing including automation tools like Ruby/Cucumber/Selenium/Gherkin • Experience with performance testing and tools like Jmeter • Experience with CI/CD practices and modern tools like Docker and Jenkins • Experience with Git • Familiarity with No SQL (Elastic Search, Historian)
• Strong problem solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments • Experience in building scalable and highly available distributed systems • Expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks • Evangelizes how our technology solves customer problems from a technology and business perspective
• Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions • Influences through others; builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas • Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team • Shares knowledge, power, and credit, establishing trust, credibility, and goodwill
• Able to work under minimal supervision • Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity • Able to work well with global teams, including time-zone flexibility • Skilled in providing oversight and mentoring team members. Shows ability to effectively delegate work. #DTR
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.