At GE O&G Digital, we are creating technology and software to enable social, mobile, analytical and cloud capabilities for the Industrial IOT. The Industrial Internet is an open, global network that connects people, data and machines We enable customers to collect data via various modality ranging from IOT sensors on the asset to flying a drone to capture images. This peta bytes of data is pushed to the cloud, cleansed and we enable analytics & machine learning to predict the machine health, prevent unplanned down time and avoid unnecessary maintenance. This optimizes production and results in a direct improvement to customer’s bottom-line. Watch more here GE’s breaking Science in IOT
or Minds and Machines 2016
. Role Summary:
- You will be working in an agile team and will exhibit passion for innovation and adaptability to lean startup culture. You will work on the latest and greatest of IOT applications
- Work closely with multiple stake holders such as architects, product managers, UX and build engineers to deliver high quality scalable software
- Own product modules and design, develop and maintain the same.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Come up with ideas for product improvement and
communicate the same to the stake holders.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 3+ years of professional experience Desired Characteristics:
Hands on experience in front end development using modern JS Frameworks like
- Hands on experience in developing modern responsive web pages using HTML5/CSS3.
- Hands on experience in any source control tools like GIT
Good to Have
- Hands on experience in stylesheet languages like LESS/SASS
Prior experience developing on Cloud Foundry or any other cloud platforms like AWS.
- Experience in Node.js for micro services development
Knowledge about build tools like gulp/grunt, maven etc
Contribution to open source is a plus.