GE works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works. For more information, visit the company's website at www.ge.com Role Summary:
Join the GE Lighting Intelligent Devices engineering team where you will have direct impact on how software connects controllable LED lighting and sensors to the "internet of things". Help drive future software development and design approach to deliver best-in-class user experience and analytics to energy saving lighting control.
As a Software Quality Engineer, you will : Essential Responsibilities:
- Be responsible for the non-functional quality aspects of multiple software modules connected in a control system
- Understand current system, analyze requirements
- Design test cases/test scenarios deduced from requirements.
- Maintain and develop automated test scripts using Robot Framework and Python
- Provide real time feedback to software development team for quick resolution and system improvements
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Informatics
- Some software testing, insuring test coverage against specification, including experience implementing and/or extending commercial and/or open-source available automation tools such as Selenium, Robot Framework.
- Experience in non-functional testing areas like performance, load, usability, maintainability and reliability
- Strong working knowledge of Python
- Experience in networking protocols
- Fluent in English and Hungarian
- Self-motivated problem solving attitude and good team player Experienced with working globally, in a multi-cultural, multi discipline environment
- Experience in scrum, Agile methodologies
- ISTQB certified tester
- Experience in C, Java and scripting
- Experience in embedded testing