Location(s): United States ; Illinois, Massachusetts, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas, California; Chicago, San Ramon, Boston, New York, Erie, Fort Worth
About Us: GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Role Summary: GE’s Industrial Internet comes to life for the mining industry with Digital Mine, powered by Predix. This is an exciting growth business which helps our mining customers increase productivity, throughput & recovery, unlock hidden capacity and improve asset health. Using advanced analytics software solutions coupled with monitoring services our customers have proven sustained value. The Sales Manager is responsible to drive sales of this revolutionary advanced solution to the mining segment.
Essential Responsibilities: The Sales Manager is responsible for meeting/exceeding revenue goals of GE Digital Mine including Mine Performance, an analytics platform with packaged solutions for both Process and Equipment Health. The candidate will work with enterprise named accounts in the mining segment in his base country and other countries in region. The candidate will act in the Named Accounts and will coordinate his activities with the Pre-Sales and Partners resources. The go-to-market will be a combination of Direct Sales aimed at the C-suite, and working with established mining vertical solution Partners and GE Equipment entities in the region that can front the opportunity and augment GE services capacity as appropriate.
• Meet or Exceed Annual Sales Goal – Through direct customer contact, selective partners, and regional teams, exceed sales plan (deeper and broader penetration) within defined named accounts by creating value to customers for our solution footprint.
• Actively Grow Pipeline – Through the use of coordinated activities with Marketing and through own initiatives, grow and maintain a pipeline of 3 X annual quota.
• Develop and Drive Enterprise Account Coordination – Aggressively develop and drive a sustainable commercial and solution strategy across multiple customer divisions and geographic poles that is aligned to the agreed account goals. Develop and execute an Account Playbook that formalizes the “go high / go low” strategy for the Enterprise account. Where applicable, develop a joint Governance process with executive sponsorship that aligns along the following pillars – Commercial, Product/Technology, Implementation and Support. Leverage the “Big GE” by coordinating across multiple GE divisions to solve customer challenges and enhance value and loyalty through the introduction of GE Corporate programs.
• Growth Account Development – Responsible for the development of Growth Accounts within the assigned account package. Growth accounts that have done minimal business with GE, but have potential for significant growth based on vertical or application fit. Sales Managers will drive key activities, including prospecting, strategy planning, executive relationship development, discovery assessment, pilot and rollout, GE ecosystem coordination, etc.
• Opportunity Tracking & Review - Identify and initiate steps in sales cycles for software, implementation, subscription and managed services. Monitor opportunities, through the GE sales process and ensure Salesforce.com updates. Be responsible for accurately forecasting opportunities in Salesforce.com for the opportunities, including the coordination of account activities on a regional, national and global level. Sales Managers will also be responsible for leading Software “deal reviews” as part of ongoing pipeline reviews.
• Work Closely with Regional, Global & Application Engineering Teams – Enterprise Account Managers will clearly communicate the corporate strategy to both regional and global teams and work collaboratively to efficiently utilize resources and maximize solution penetration at the local plant level. Enterprise Account Manager will need to work closely with the Application Engineers to coordinate account activities that aide in developing opportunities and closing sales. Some of these activities include conversions, presentations, on-site Discovery and Value Assessments, etc.
• Ensuring a Professional Sales Experience for customers during all aspects of sales process and touch points including: Formal meeting agendas (reviewing with customer or Software Account Manager prior to meeting), formal follow-up stating sequence of events and next steps in writing, and issue resolution in a timely fashion.
Qualifications/Requirements: • Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college preferably in Engineering
• Proven extensive experience in automation software and services sales
• Proven working experience for industrial continuous process like Mining and Metals (preference), Cement, Oil&Gas, Petrochemical, Chemical, Pulp and Paper.
• Ability and willingness to travel 30-50% of the time
• Fluent verbal and written communication skills in English
Desired Characteristics: •Vertical knowledge and solid experience of Mining, especially in Minerals Processing and/or Asset Management, including knowledge of process flowsheet and equipment used in Mining
•Proven extensive international experience at the focus areas of this position
•Demonstrated extensive experience in software or related high technology consultative sales in Mining
•Demonstrated ability to coordinate a cross-functional team approach in a complex sales cycle, with sporadic support from leadership.
•Demonstrated experience in closing million dollars plus deals
•Demonstrated experience in working with 3rd party company partners
•Demonstrated ability to prospect and develop new accounts into a sustainable revenue stream
•Demonstrated ability to quickly build trust and rapport, and develop influential relationships at all levels of an organization
•Possesses effective Time Management Skills
•Strong Personal Networking skills
•Strong problem solving skills and a high degree of creativity/resourcefulness
•Strong business acumen
•Competitive drive and determination
•Customer focused & strong interpersonal skills
•Working Knowledge of MS Office based products
•Working knowledge of CRM systems like SalesForce.com for pipeline and opportunity management
Locations: United States ; Illinois, Massachusetts, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas, California; Chicago, San Ramon, Boston, New York, Erie, Fort Worth
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.